Folk Tale ,Fairytale, and Fable theme- dramatic play
- Integrate foundational knowledge of reading, math, science, music, and literature.
Example of the math area
- Develop skills for sequencing and patterning though daily schedules, planning, story time and small group activities.
Example of our calender at circle time
- Encourage responsibility through the care of plants and pets, maintaining preschool order, and personal care.
Our classroom turtle spiderman batman
- Reinforce thematic learning with field trips using community resources.
Field trip to Galloping Grace Youth Ranch pumkinpatch
- Integrate learned skills at home by encouraging at home reading, literacy bags and handouts.
Example of a literacy bag
- Promote social regulatory and communication skills with hands on child directed play.
Example of play in the manipulative area
Our curriculum is a combination of many tried and tested theories. The main methods we integrate are Reggio Emilia, Perry High Scope Preschool, and Montessori. From these three methods, we combine a long period of self-directed play, planning and reviewing, small group activities, and teacher observations.
THEMES: We surround children with an interesting theme helps them discover and entices them to learn. Thematic units teach children in these important developmental areas: Social/emotional, physical, cognitive, creative, language/communication, literacy and health/safety. Each center in the preschool parallels the current area of study such as bugs, dinosaurs, family, space, New Mexico, etc. There are a variety of center for your child to explore. Some of the favorite centers are dramatic play, blocks, art, science, writing, woodworking, manipulative and computer. Parents will be informed of upcoming themes and invited to contribute with literature, hands-on objects, guest speakers, etc.